Saturday, December 3, 2011

#16

This year on October 30 I had the experience of visiting an orphanage with my family and a few friends. My aunt and her husband founded an orphanage about 20 years ago and since then it has been opened to kids of all ages. At the beginning when my mom had told me we were visiting my aunt’s orphanage I didn’t want to go because I didn’t know what I was supposed to do there. As soon as we got there I saw some kids running around other playing with their toys which made me ask myself why I had agreed on coming. My mom told my friends and me to go outside and make some friends, but we didn’t know how to approach to some girls around the age of 5 who were sitting playing with their dolls. We sent one of our friends to go to talk to them first. When I turned to see what she was doing I saw how one little girl hugged her without even knowing her. My friend turned and called us all over and when each of us introduced ourselves each girl gave us an intense hug. I could tell how more than anything what these little girls wanted was love. Later when my aunt came outside to show us around she took us to the nursing room where they had their youngest girl, her name was Samantha. Samantha was just simply adorable she had the most beautiful green eyes I had seen, she seemed so happy smiling at all of us. There my aunt told us that she had taken Samantha’s mother in at age of 13 after she was raped by her two uncles and left pregnant. After hearing this I felt bad about how I always complain about the most insignificant things when other people like Samantha’s mom have to deal with situations like rape. The whole way back I couldn’t stop thinking about the whole situation. Going to the orphanage and seeing these little girls desperate for love made me feel grateful for the family God has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment